For all current vacancies please visit our careers section at www.moonfruit.com/careers
Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Tue, 21 Aug 2012, 12:08
Moonfruit is hiring!
We are happy to announce that at Moonfruit HQ we are looking for a number of fresh new candidates to fill various positions that have opened up within the company. So, would you like to be a part of the Moonfruit team? We have put together some material to give you a better understanding of our company: read our new starters’ opinions of the business, find out about our team’s extra-curricular activities and get to know more about Moonfruit’s history.
Moonfruit - the business.
Let’s start at the beginning.
Moonfruit has been around since 1999, growing from a handful of staff who were passionate about bringing website building to the masses. 13 years on and the values of Moonfruit haven’t changed, we still remain focused on providing an innovative, high quality product for everyone. Furthermore, the people behind this passion are still with the business today, helping to shape the next decade of website building.
The strength of Moonfruit as a product and a brand is helping to steer us through the current economic gloom. Also, our recent Yell investment means that we can carry on developing as we always have done, and part of this progression includes the need to hire new staff to assist with enhancing our business. We have been exceptionally busy these past months with a great deal of new developments completed, and the end of the year is set to be just as eventful with new campaigns and the eminent HTML5 release.
We are always looking to the future and continuously strive to ensure that Moonfruit’s offering evolves in parallel with the digital world we live in. Being the innovative leader when it comes to ‘democratising the web for everyone’ is a vision we passionately hold very close to every decision we make.
Social and Cultural Moonfruit
The team at Moonfruit is very tight-knit; we share a large open plan office space together with a relaxed, easy going atmosphere. No office hierarchies here, just friendly, intelligent individuals working together to provide high quality software. We have a fabulous central London location, our offices overlook Oxford Street, surrounded by a great array of eateries and of course lots of shops!
Moonfruit’s extra-curricular activities are rather special too; we recently celebrated our office’s cultural diversity with an International Food Day, we have a Moonfruitee of the Month poll, summer parties, Movember, baking days and a monthly company stand up, which is followed by drinks at the local pubs and bars. Add to this the fact that the office is seemingly always supplied with a constant stream of cakes and treats; we’re beginning to sound pretty dreamy right?
Here’s what some of the company’s newest starters and an old hand that we’re sadly saying goodbye to, have to say about Moonfruit;
“When I first joined Moonfruit I was quite surprised that a company so small could be doing so well and since I’ve been working here I’ve heard nothing but good words from customers about the software and support given. Everyone who works at Moonfruit are passionate about their jobs and it’s the kind of company where the customers come first. Moonfruit is a fantastic place to work and the opportunities for growth are endless and supported by all of the management team.”
Chris, Customer Support
“What I really like about Moonfruit is the friendly atmosphere in the office, where everybody is always ready to help one another out. Moonfruit is a great company to work for as it is very customer focused, it is evident that everybody working here really cares about what they’re doing.”
Charlotte, Content and Media Intern
“As someone leaving there are many reasons I'm going to be really sad not to be here anymore. Firstly, it’s an awesome collection of people, who genuinely get along together in a really nice way, and the management team are especially caring and understanding. Things are obviously changing as the company grows, but it certainly still feels like a family, and everyone wants to do their best and works hard at it. We also have an interesting set of problems to solve, both feature based and purely technical and we try to do things properly (source control, decent bug tracking, decent processes, code review, testing). There’s lots and lots of lovely coffee, cakes are always brought in and birthdays are celebrated! And finally, open plan offices are often pretty grim, but this is a really nice office.”
Alex, Software Developer
Over to you
Do you feel that you could fit into the Moonfruit team? Have a look at our vacancies below and get in touch!
Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Mon, 6 Aug 2012, 15:41
Mon, 6 Aug 2012, 15:36
We are currently engineering the next generation of our software to deliver websites in HTML, targeting a spectrum of devices from desktop computers to tablets and smartphones. We are looking for a Perl and HTML Application Developer to join our new dedicated Platform Team responsible for underpinning our application with a strong foundation for growth. The Perl and HTML Application Developer will take responsibility for the architecture and implementation of system tools relating to the platform from user interface through business logic down to the data layer, the development of service components within the platform including the platform's system API, and helping to evolve the platform generally as a performant, concurrent, resilient and scalable Service-Oriented Architecture.
Mon, 6 Aug 2012, 15:29
We are currently engineering the next generation of our software to deliver websites in HTML, targeting a spectrum of devices from desktop computers to tablets and smartphones. We are looking for a Perl Platform Developer to join our new dedicated Platform Team responsible for underpinning our application with a strong foundation for growth. The Perl Platform Developer will take responsibility for the architecture and implementation of service-layer components across the platform from data access through business logic to the platform's system API, evolving the platform as a Service-Oriented Architecture, and generally ensuring that the platform scales to requirements of performance, concurrency, resilience and stability.
Mon, 6 Aug 2012, 15:19
We are currently engineering the next generation of our software to deliver websites in HTML, targeting a spectrum of devices from desktop computers to tablets and smartphones. We are looking for a Database and Data Access Layer Developer to join our new dedicated Platform Team responsible for underpinning our application with a strong foundation for growth. The Database and Data Access Layer Developer will take responsibility for the structure, scalability and maintenance of the database layer, the architecture and implementation of the data access layer, and generally ensuring top-notch performance and resilience in the data layer for the platform and application as a whole.
Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Fri, 13 Jul 2012, 10:14
Who we are
Moonfruit is an award winning and market leading do-it-yourself website building software-as-a-service platform. We both develop software to enable people with no technical skills to produce unique well-designed websites as well as host the websites created by our software. We are based in Central London (Oxford Circus) and we have a well-known and distinctive brand. We are an innovative, design-led business with legions of small and medium sized customers using our Website Builder and ShopBuilder products. Our products give ‘consumer retailers’ the power to design and curate their site in one place and then ‘publish once, be everywhere’ with total design control.
What we want
The job of Digital Marketing Manager will be primarily focused around the website (moonfuit.com) and additionally, our Shop and Sitebuilder products. Our core target audience will be sole enterprise, small businesses and other organisations that require low cost online marketing solutions. Our audience is worldwide; however short term, we have a particular focus on the UK and America. This is expected to expand over time and become multi-lingual.
Job role and responsibilities
- Support the Digital Marketing Director and Moonfruit online function in both BAU activities and channel enhancing projects that will include product change recommendations
- Be responsible for the identification, investigation and specification of channel enhancing opportunities and projects
- Facilitate with key stakeholders the development and launch of key channel enhancing tasks and projects
- Scope, facilitate the build, and then monitor key KPIs and reporting for Moonfruit channels
- Run project streams in collaboration with key stakeholders and meet challenging deadlines
- Monitor BAU activity through our channels and identify KPI drop off and business opportunity
- Analyse detailed channel data and provide recommendations based on findings
- A/B and multi-variant test business change to provide confidence in analytical findings
- Recommend website changes and enhancements to support channel conversion optimisation
- Work closely with the Community (Social) and Content Managers to ensure optimisation of channels, campaigns and our website activity
- Manage agency relationships including our online agency and from time to time, the PR agency
- Ensure that agency project tasks meet with our project stream deadlines
- Build good working relationships with our Design, Development, Sys Ops and Customer Service teams
- In all decisions made, consider the commercial impact to Moonfruit
- Provide a customer centric (brand and usability) thinking to website and product change
- Within your areas of ownership; organise, attend, facilitate and action project, weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
- Some travel within the UK may be necessary from time to time.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required
- Graduate or equivalent experience
- Proven market leading understanding of SEO
- Proven market leading understanding of PPC
- Strong analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of email channel activities including lifecycle targeting
- Good working knowledge of A/B and multi-variant testing methodologies
- Understanding of affiliate, display and social channels
- Experience of team management, agency management and key stakeholder facilitation
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient with Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Adwords, Excel and other similar tools
- Good knowledge of the digital industry, key players, products and services
- Self starting, team-player
- Practical and efficient
- Articulate, particularly with team members and key stakeholders
- Adaptable and responsive
- Careful and meticulous with attention to detail
- Excellent organiser and problem-solver
- Able to prioritise
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, handling multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Creative and ambitious
- Commercial minded with an appreciation of brand and web design
Our package and perks
Salary according to qualifications and experience. Moonfruit offers generous benefits including discretionary annual bonus, private health care, pension scheme and 25 days holiday.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon, 21 May 2012
Mon, 21 May 2012, 11:59
Who we are
Moonfruit is a central London-based high design, DIY website builder. The team comprises developers, designers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about great design and great products. Moonfruit helps to support small businesses, start-ups and design centric communities around the world.
We are looking for a smart, up-and-coming graduate to join our team for a summer (3 month) or 12 month placement with the opportunity to go permanent. This is a great internship opportunity for a university student interested in marketing and PR to gain the experience necessary for employment in the future and to gain an overall knowledge of an exciting business/industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing content for the website, blog, press etc.
- Editing and checking of content
- Assisting the Online Content Editor where necessary
- Engaging with customers via social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Answering emails and liaising with our PR agency
- Assisting and appearing at networking events
- Assisting in general marketing tasks
You will report to the Marketing Director and work closely with the Community Manager as well as the designers, customer support team and occasionally with the software development team.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good literary and creative skills
- Good understanding of Facebook and Twitter
- Strong interest in marketing
- Any degree with good grades (current or recently graduated)
This internship will be paid at minimum wage rates.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com