Improve your product photos for under £5 (we reckon) with a cheap and super-simple lightbox.
Shoot at any time of day, better control the light and help your products pop out using this how to.
What you need…
- Cardboard box
- White tissue or tracing paper
- Ruler and pen
- White card
- Sticky tape
- Box cutter or scalpel (optional)
- Two lamps
1. Remove the lid
Cut the flaps from the top of the box, leaving the bottom (which should be taped) intact.
2. Create light windows
Make three large ‘windows’. One on the top of the box, and the other two on opposing sides. Leave a 2cm border on each of them.
Use the scissors, scalpel or box cutter to cut out the three windows.
3. Tape down tissue paper
Cover each window with tissue or tracing paper, cut to fit, then tape down each side from the outside.
4. Create the background
Cut the card to fit the width of the box. The card length should be about a third longer than the box’s height.
Fix the card into the box. It should cover the two non-windowed areas.
5. Position the lights
Place the lamps to the left and right of the lightbox, facing inwards towards your product.
Still after more?
Time to start making that craft website (for free with Moonfruit)!
- ‘My business idea isn’t good enough’ – What’s stopping you? Business
- The Moonfruit Montage: How five businesses made their ideas happen People
- ‘I don’t have enough experience’ – What’s stopping you? Business
- ‘I don’t have enough finance’ – What’s stopping you? Business
- Nine nifty fashion websites by Moonfruit customers Creative
8 Responses to “Video: How to make a lightbox for next to nothing”
Add a comment