Inspired by stories she made up for her children at bedtime, Hannah Skaanild decided to put pen to paper and share her tales about an inquisitive cat for other children to enjoy.
Each story centres on freedom and adventure and features creatures her children found fascinating, including mermaids, sharks and high-flying birds.
“I have always thought that animals make for happy and entertaining stories which can be layered with fantasy and adventure to create an imaginative world where impossible things happen,” she says on her Moonfruit website.
Her uniquely designed site features illustrations by Janine Drayson and gives readers a flavour of what the books are about. We especially love the inclusion of the flying butterfly animation, a simple touch which instantly brings the page to life.
It even includes downloadable “treats” – sketches of the cat for children to colour in, as well as a preview of Cat’s adventures in the new book, which is due to be published this year.
Hannah’s books are sold in high street stores WHSmith and Waterstones, as well as online at Amazon and The Book Depository.
Visit www.hannahskaanild.co.uk now.
- Got a business idea? Don’t let fear of failure hold you back Business
- Beat your rivals with these 9 top tools for competitor analysis Business
- How to write a vision statement that delivers? Here are 6 forward-thinking tips Business
- “I went for what I love, not what I could make out of it financially” says Stefan Saigau People
- Running a business from home? This government announcement may interest you Business
Add a comment