Got a startup business idea? Want a bucket load of cash and gadgets to help get it off the ground? Well, we might have something for you…
We’re giving away £5000, an ultra-thin 27-inch iMac complete with Adobe Photoshop, a Canon 700D camera, and a professionally designed website to promote your product or service. Oh, and a business mentor to guide your startup on its way.
What’s the catch?
Tell us your business idea.
We want you to create a short video or image that sells what you do. Snap it, film it, design it, etch it, write it big on a piece of paper, sing it, make it out of apple cores, go crazy: give us your elevator pitch.
Maybe you’ve had a rough idea rattling around, a hobby you think can make you money, or you may already have a small business that needs an extra boost – whatever it is, we want to see it. The best one will get the bundle worth £10,000 to bring it to life.
To enter, create your visual pitch and upload it at moonfruit.com/pitchyourbiz by midnight (GMT), Monday 20 October 2014.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, take a look at some of these:
- Pitching tips with a video on how not to get funding
- How to make a business plan
- What’s needed to turn a hobby into a business
- A video from Moonfruit founders Wendy, Joe and Eirik on growing a startup
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to Moonfruit, Moonfruit partner and non-Moonfruit customers
- The competition closes at 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 20 October 2014. Moonfruit reserves the right to change the closing date at its discretion
- Maximum file upload size is 10MB
- Employees, previous employees and the immediate families of moonfruit.com, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this competition are not entitled to enter
- Prizes are non-transferable. Moonfruit reserves the right to provide prizes of equivalent value should the stated prizes be unavailable at time of purchase
- The £5,000 cash prize must be invested in the winner’s business or business idea. This will need to be evidenced through receipts / invoices or other reasonable paperwork of business and third-party costs accrued
- Mentoring is provided by a third party, Biz Britain. Should the winner wish to continue with mentoring following the 10 hours provided as part of the prize, this must be negotiated directly with Biz Britain
- The website prize will be built through Moonfruit’s KickStart package
- The Moonfruit Max package will be provided for 36 months only. If the customer wishes to maintain the website after this point they must either pay the monthly or annual cost for the Max package or transfer their website to another pricing plan which may result in the loss of some features. Full details of Moonfruit packages is available at: www.moonfruit.com/pricing
- The business ideas/businesses shown in the videos/images submitted must be the ideas of the entrant
- Entrants must seek permission from all parties involved or shown in their entry before submission
- During the competition, Moonfruit may approach entrants for further information about their business idea
- By submitting your application, you are agreeing that Moonfruit has the right to use the content in their own promotional material. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing the content on its online channels and in marketing materials
- All fields on the contact form must be filled out for the entry to be valid
- The winner will be notified on or before Wednesday 29 October 2014 by email – this must be acknowledged by the winner, by email, within two weeks. Failure to respond to this email means an alternative winner will be selected from all entries
- The judge’s decision is non-negotiable
- Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them
- ‘My business idea isn’t good enough’ – What’s stopping you? Business
- The Moonfruit Montage: How five businesses made their ideas happen People
- ‘I don’t have enough experience’ – What’s stopping you? Business
- ‘I don’t have enough finance’ – What’s stopping you? Business
- Nine nifty fashion websites by Moonfruit customers Creative