Mon, 6 Aug 2012, 15:41
Perl Application Developer, Product Team
As part of the Product Team, the Perl Application Developer will share the team's responsibility for evolving a robust, versatile and functional application driven by the needs of our customers, accommodating the business requirements of the software as we expand to embrace a wider customer base.
- You are driven to achieve the highest standards in software quality and architecture, and take the time to do things right
- You are passionate about excellence in customer value and top-notch application functionality and implementation
- You are fearless in the pursuit of high performance, responsiveness and concurrency, focusing always on the needs of users
- You constantly push yourself to learn new and better ways to solve problems, and strive for technical elegance and simplicity
- You pride yourself on both an eye for detail and an ability to comprehend and embrace the larger picture
- You can easily interpret business requirements as technical tasks and prioritise them appropriately
- You have great communication skills, and co-operate effortlessly with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
- You are a true team player and always have a positive can-do attitude towards the task in hand
- You are eager to improve yourself and the culture around you
- At least five years perl, showing robust server-side application development skills and a deep understanding of object-oriented architecture and design
- At least five years commercial application development, working with a regular release and feedback cycle
- At least three years experience developing with a perl web application framework such as Dancer or Catalyst
- Experience with data access layer integration working with RDBMS servers such as Sybase
- Experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB or MemcacheDB a bonus
- Experience working in an Agile environment such as Scrum, Kanban or Extreme Programming
- Experience using Test-Driven Development and code reviews
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management and build tools such as JIRA and Bamboo
- Experience with a Version Control System such as Git
What the job is
The Perl Application Developer will have responsibilities that include the following:
- designing and implementing application business logic, adhering to the finest principles of object-oriented design
- designing, implementing, enhancing and optimising application APIs serving the front-end
- troubleshooting bottlenecks and ensuring optimal concurrency, behaviour and functionality across the application layer
- maintaining a hygienic, well-designed, scalable and flexible code base
- adopting our development standards that include Test-Driven Development, continual incremental refactoring and code reviews
- adopting our Agile and Scrum-based practices that span development, testing, continuous integration, deployment and delivery
- taking shared ownership and responsibility for the development of the application as a whole
Technologies in use
You are broadly free to use the development technologies that allow you to be most productive. You will, however, be expected to use our company-wide ALM and DVCS systems (we use the Atlassian suite and Git). Our developers work on a mixture of Windows, Mac OS X and Linux machines and employ everything from Vim to Intellij IDEA. For company communications we use Outlook, Jabber and Skype.
Who we are
Moonfruit is an award winning and market leading do-it-yourself website building software-as-a-service platform. We both develop software to enable people with no technical skills to produce unique well-designed websites as well as host the websites created by our software. We are based in Central London (Oxford Circus) and we have a well-known and distinctive brand. We are an innovative, design-led business with legions of small and medium sized business customers using our Website Builder and ShopBuilder products. Our products give ‘consumer retailers’ the power to design and curate their site in one place and then ‘publish once, be everywhere’ with total design control.
Moonfruit was acquired by Yell Group (hibu) in 2012 as part of its digital transformation. We expect to bring the Moonfruit software to Yell's 1.3 million customers and further scale and develop the business using Yell's global sales and technology infrastructure. Moonfruit remains a centre of innovation within Yell.
Our package and perks
Salary according to qualifications and experience. Moonfruit offers generous benefits including discretionary annual bonus, private healthcare, pension scheme and 25 days holiday.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com