Is it 2017 already?! We thought we’d take the time to reminisce on a few highlights of the past year, and look forward to the year ahead. It’s going to be an exciting one!
Looking back on 2016
2016 for us was all about responsive, responsive, responsive. Back on June 30th we launched the beta programme for the responsive page feature – our first leap into a whole new paradigm for websites which appear seamlessly across all devices. Hoorah!
Since then, taking onboard your feedback, we’ve worked hard to provide a range of elements and functionality to enable you to build sites to reflect your identity online. Now with a stable framework in place, we’ve removed the sign-up restriction and opened up this feature to all users. Still remaining in beta whilst we tweak the core features and experience, we continue to welcome your feedback going forward as we shape this into something truly great.
Releases & bug fixes
Next in line to responsive this past year, was releases, releases, releases. Big or small, we made a commitment to release twice a month – in fact we exceeded that! We hope in this we’re demonstrating we do listen, we do fix, we do improve – and long may it continue into 2017! Highlights included 3rd party apps, password protected pages, responsive pages (above mentioned), self-service billing, a new domains experience and, not to forget, numerous niggly bug fixes.
Not so visible, but certainly important – under the bonnet we’ve also been tinkering away making some bold moves away from our old technology stack, gearing up to fully transition from Flash to HTML and cloud host our services.
In 2016, we also overhauled our customer service offering, moving away from email ticketing and phone support to a live chat service. If our trustpilot reviews are anything to go by, you seem to like it! It’s been an absolute pleasure talking to you all.
Looking forward to 2017
Continuing the momentum generated from 2016, this year we’re sprinting on to make more exciting changes to Moonfruit. Ambitious as ever, we’re hoping to deliver the following things:
- Responsive pages out of beta. While incorporating a new bolder, slicker experience, we’re hoping to move this feature out of beta in the early part of 2017.
- A fresh new look for moonfruit.com that showcases better what we do, and how we can help you do your thing online.
- Responsive sites, not just pages. This will include some core features like a responsive shop, blog and more apps to give you the flexibility you need to build a range of sites with us. This year we have already released an exciting new image service available within responsive pages, enabling you to make your website truly yours with images from social media.
- We hope to be 100% Flash free by the close of 2017 and fully in the cloud – to enable us to be more scalable, reliable, and faster at delivering continued improvements to you.
- Continued focus on support. We’re experimenting with different ways we can motivate you to build a great website. With a few fresh faces joining the team, and a focus on content this year we hope you start feeling this change.
- Better domains management. We’re partnering with a new domain partner, Namesco, to give you greater control over the domains you’ve purchased with us.
- Our parent company Yell.com have been incredibly supportive over the past year. They have a range of products and services which we think could be great for our community, and we’re going to work on ways to make these easily available to you.
Have your say, help us shape the future
Got a feature you desperately want? Let us know. Or perhaps you want to keep a closer eye on what we’re up to? Check out our feature request forum to post your ideas, vote for your favourites and get regular updates on the new features as we’re working on. Check out our product announcements in our help centre.
From us, there’s not much left to say but to thank you for having and continuing to join us on the Moonfruit journey. We wish you all the best for the year ahead.
2017, let’s do this!